Management of the group of companies «Astana Group»
President of Astana Group
Nurlan Smagulov is the founder of Astana Group that traces its history back to 1992 when KMC Astana Motors was established.
Nurlan Erkebulanovich is a famous Kazakh entrepreneur, a patron, Chairman of the Board of Regents of Boarding Remedial School No. 2.
He was born on June 2, 1965 in the city of Alma-Ata. In 1990, he graduates from Al-Farabi Kazakh National University majoring in Chemistry and Biology. In 1984−1986, he does military service.
- In 1992, he establishes Kazakh Motor Company Astana Motors. Core business of the motor company is manufacture and distribution of vehicles and provision of maintenance services.
- In 1996−2002, he works at ZAO Prodkorporatsia.
- In 1996−2000, he holds the position of a Councilor of the RK Prime Minister.
- In 2003, he establishes Mega Center Management.
- In 2006, he builds the first shopping mall Mega Alma-Ata.
- In 2019, he takes the position of the President of the Kazakhstan Cycling Federation.
- In 2020, he establishes the Nurlan Smagulov charity foundation.
- In 2021, he launches the construction of the museum of contemporary art Almaty Museum of Arts.
Awards and Honors:
- In 2007, he is awarded the State Order of Kurmet for merit to the Republic.
- In 2007, he is awarded the Honorary Certificate of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- In 2008, he is awarded the «10th Anniversary of Astana” medal.
- In 2009, he wins the National Stage of Entrepreneur of the Year International Award held by Ernst&Young international audit company.
- In 2010, he is recognized as the Entrepreneur of the Year by Expert Kazakhstan magazine.
- Since 2011, he is on the Top-10 most influential businessmen in Kazakhstan.
- In May 2012, following the national vote, Mr. Smagulov becomes the winner in the Business category of the Motherland’s Name contest dedicated to the 20th anniversary of the Republic of Kazakhstan independence.
- Since 2014, he is the leading rentier in Kazakhstan (No. 1 in the Forbes Kazakhstan rating).
- In 2015, Mr. Smagulov is recognized as the Businessmen of the Year by Forbes Kazakhstan.
- In 2018, he is awarded with Barys order of degree II in recognition of production achievements and contribution to social and economic development of the country.
- In 2019, he receives Yenbegi Ushin badge of honor for contribution to development of the city of Almaty.
- In 2020, he is awarded the Khalyk Algyssy medal.
Executive Director of Astana Motors KMC
Beknur Muratovich has worked for 10 years in Astana Motors KMC before his appointment as an Executive Director of the company. He started his career in the capacity of Sales Manager for spare parts. Then he was appointed to the following positions: Head of the spare parts department, Technical Director, Director of Hyundai Auto Astana dealership center, and Managing Technical Director of Astana Motors KMC.
In 2007, he graduated from the Kazakh-Russian University with a degree in Accounting and Audit.
General Director, Mega Center Management
Aizhan Tulemissova has been working with Astana Group for 14 years. She joined the Group right after she had graduated from the university and started her career as an advertising manager at the Astana Motors multibrand autocenter in Astana.
In 2009, she was appointed as Marketing Director at Toyota Center Astana, and in 2014, headed the autocenter.
Then, she held the positions of Director of Lexus Astana and Brand Regional Director for Astana, was the CEO of Mycar Astana and was engaged in the construction and launch of the first Mycar hub in the capital.
In January 2022, Aizhan Tulemissova was appointed as General Director of Mega Center Management.
In 2007, she graduated from Orenburg State University majoring in Marketing. In 2017, she received an MBA degree from Swiss Business School.